Friday, June 3, 2011

JUNE a special month. A new experiment.

 Birthdays have taken on a new dimension in my life. At least I'm going to give it a try! I have two pretty special friends (Janet and Brooke) that have told me that birthdays are for celebrating the entire birthday month. I'm going to try to be a birthday diva just like them! I'm going to practice by doing something each day of June.

This is June. June is MY birthday month! Do I get a gift each day??? Gifts aren't always things, sometimes they are time spent with friends and family or doing something for someone else. And then again they are also things. :) Lets see how I do. Janet and Brooke, you can let me know how I'm doing when the month is over or while it's going on. Maybe you have some ideas for my first year of  celebrating birth-month!
June 1  Dedication day! Good deed day! Thinking of others day! Emmaus friends had our monthly get together and since it was June I was given 12 birthday cards with money in it. I donated all the money to the Magdalena House.
June 2  Planning on buying two 9' X 12' rug for our new wooden floors. This takes some decorating expertise which I do not have. I don't even live in the same book of a decorating person. There fore I call on my personal decorator, Cindy. I hope she still likes me when and if we find a rug or two. Those suckers must weight somewhere near a ton so it's a BIG deal to have them brought here and laid out just to say ahhhhh no, sorry don't like any of them except the one that is too small. So they are loaded back up in the truck and back to the store. (courtesy of the store). Well sort of $45.00 for there hard work. My gift today is a gift of friendship. Cindy came over with Sutton in tow and helped and encouraged me. I would have settled for the "to small rug" SOOOO glad I didn't.
June 3  Today I made up for yesterday, so gifts today were: Trip to J Jill, Bath & Body Works, and Anthropologie. Lunch at Chris Madrids with friends and dinner at Carrabbas with my mom. Chesley is off fishing for the weekend so Saturday is going to be my quiet time and time to reflect. :) We'll see how that goes. It's 55 minutes from now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world of Birthday Diva-ing!!! I'm proud of you and think you are off to a wonderful start.
Pampering one's self and allowing others to pamper you is of upmost diva importance. So let me be one of your 1st blogger friends to PAMper you with gratitude and thanksgiving. Being able to call you my friend has increased my life 10-fold. You give such joy with your beautiiful smile, tender heart and encouraging words.
Thank you for blessing my life by being my friend.
That's my belated gift for today (a 4 day late start on the b-day celebrations). I love you sweet friend XOXOXO

boo and stacy said...

Absolutely you should celebrate all month long!! Excited to see all the fun things that come your way this month!! Wish I was there to toot around bday style with you at La Contera!! Love you mom!!!!

Brooke said...

Happy birthday month Pam!!! So happy to be a part of the weekend opening ceremonies yesterday :) I can't wait to hear about what the rest of the month brings.