Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4

My day to relax and reflect didn't happen but I still have 26 days left so that will happen I'm sure. BUT the best so far is the text message I got from Jenny. Jenny is in Haiti. She left Thursday at 3am. She is there with her church on a mission trip and I was sure I'd not hear from her until she returned to the states. Tough on a mom but I was working on accepting it WHEN... I heard my phone make the ding. The you have a text message, ding. Much to my surprise it flashed Jenny Rudd. I almost dropped my phone from the excitement from seeing her name and swinging around to sit down to read the text, which turned out to be, not only a text, but a short video as well.

Now I'm sure that little short conversation will end up being one of my precious gifts both sentimentally and costly. She isn't on an international plan but well worth it.
THIS IS WHAT SHE TEXT:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm doing great. Falling in love with Haitians. I love you, mom!

No bugs in bed. Lots of dirt and mud. If you can, will you check how much it is 
to text internationally? If not much I'll send you frequent updates. If not I 
should stop texting. 
 
(THEN CAME THE VIDEO BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IT ON my blog. but this is the caption to it.)

Those are kids waiting for me to comeback and play. 
 ---------------------------------------------------------- 

Sadly I informed her not to continue to text. I think that short connection was about $50.00 but the best $50.00 that will be spent this month. Wish we had gotten an international calling/texting plan for that week.  What was I thinking??
Just knowing she was there safely and falling in love with the little children was good enough to see me through to Thursday.

Another special surprise was from Stacy. She sent me a video of Eli trying to work his way through the iPhone video she was taking. Or so I'd like to think that is what he was doing. Actually he was working on his crawling skills.  Perhaps tomorrow after church I'll teach myself how to put video's on my blog. :) after all this is all about things I want to do, right? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear J is safe and enjoying herself!

Can you save the videos to your phone and then upload them to youtube? If not, they can be emailed to you (obv not from Jenny) and you can upload it that way!

boo and stacy said...

or email yourself the video. then open it on your computer desktop. then upload on your blog. Call me, I'll help you!

Love reading up on you each day. As if talking to you 7 times a day is not enough;)

Glad you got the text from Jenny!!!!

I'm Jana :-) said...

awwwww...so sweet!!! Loved your blog and felt your heart!!!!

I'm Jana :-) said...

awww....loved your blog and felt your heart!!! so sweet!!