Thursday, June 9, 2011

Diva Day

Jenny's home safe and no bad weather. Only rain. Rain?? what's that?
 Jessica, Ryan, Sammy and I picked Jenny up at the airport.  Jenny about jumped out of her skin when she saw the boys. Clearly more excited to see them than Jessica and me. The boys were all smiles and equally as excited to see Auntie Jenny. Such a sweet bond those three have.
Jessica and the boys went home and Jenny came to my house. We stopped for some kind of tuna tower?? Girl was HUNGRY! While she was eating and telling us all the stories and showing us pictures, I wanted to keep her company and had some milk and cookies, because I can. You know, it's the diva thing! :)
After dinner I handed her soap, shampoo, razor, fluffy towels, lotion and a robe. We washed all her clothes. Curled up on the sofa and got caught up on the last two Bacheloretts. Yes we are actually watching it. Crazy I know! So staged!

Jenny woke up at 10:30am. I went to Taco Cabana and Starbucks. (Imagine that). I brought back breakfast and we began our Diva day. She looked at all my stored up make-up from the free gifts. We tried all the lipsticks on and laughed at some of the old colors that once were "IN". We looked at some old jewelry and she helped me pick out an outfit for my weekend trip and some jewelry for her weekend trip. 
She also hung a full length mirror in my closet. It's been leaning against the wall behind the closet door for 8 years. She decided my closet needed a chair. 
Jenny thinks I have a chair fetish. I had to agree. Not sure how that happened. But I walked around the house and counted all the chairs inside and outside. Anyone care to guess? Very embarrassing. She helped by hiding one in my closet. It works. 
Chesley is still trying to figure out just what this Diva thing is all about. Of course he's already not liking the fact that my birthday and Father's Day are in the same month so you can only imagine how he feels about this. But I have Oct. to make him the male diva. Maybe then he'll understand. Sounds like fun.


THE RUG! 
Love it! Thanks Cindy! Now I have to change the dining room chair covers. Add some other touches and the room will be complete. O, see some of the many chairs? Feel free to leave a guess.
Now the Den which we will tackle next week.

2 comments:

boo and stacy said...

LOVE the warm and comfy rug. Its perfect and I want to have it. How precious that you set up a nice shower for Jenny! I bet it felt so good. My guess is 30 chairs? I love this post! You are a precious writer mom! And dad will be like to Male Divo of the year when he hears its all about him!!

Pam said...

Thanks Stac, wrong on the count. want to try. got to go higher!!