Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tomato Update

As the storms in Ohio rage and I am continually getting updates from my brother in Ohio. The texting team passes on the info to the people in the room. In his case in the basement. Last he text: "hail storm and still tornado's in the area, Go Scotty" Really, thinking about American Idol. O yeah, there is no TV in their basement and probably no electricity. They do have a generator so perhaps they did see it. My cousin is in Indiana and we were keeping touch with her as well. Everyone was OK.
Meanwhile we of course were concerned and praying for all up north. But also took my mom outside to see the tomatoes. So here is an update on what seems to be an acre of produce in a very small space:
 Below are all different plants just filled with these fruits from heaven. They are sooo good.




 My mother told me a story. When she was a little girl they also had tomatoes growing. They were next to her sand box. She crawled under the sand box cover and would reach out from under it and grab a tomato and eat it seconds after pulling it from it's growing home. She loved the warm ripe taste of the tomato in her secret hiding place. :)


 I asked Chesley what in the world did he do different this time.?? (last years crop, not so good.) He says must be the May touch. Best crop he's ever had and he hopes to repeat it next year. Secret?? Don't know, I really think it's surprised him as well. Fine by me. HEB watch out, CEM is about to take over.
 Maddie and Mitzi always enjoy coming outside to survey Chesley's fine work on his pride and joy.
 Beautiful job on the yard Chesley! He is a happy camper today. Played golf and shot in the 90's. (good since he just started a few yrs ago) He got his fishing license today and they couldn't believe his age. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

5 comments:

boo and stacy said...

I am more impressed with the grass. Good job Chesley!

Tootle Family said...

The yard looks great. looks like grandma's about to be eaten up by those flowers. so pretty.

and, i'm ready for some tomatoes so i can make a yummy spaghetti and a capreze salad.

Lisa Johnson said...

Your tomatoes look delicious! Nothing better than a fresh tomato. And your yard, AMAZING! Love those blooming flowers. Glad your fam up north is safe. :)

boo and stacy said...

those flowers grandma is standing by are gorgeous!!! she looks so tiny next to them! Way to go on the Maters pop!! Sweet little story of little G!

Anonymous said...

Amazing. I'll have to post a garden update on my blog so you can laugh at me! We're still not consistently hitting over 50 at night. I don't think summer is coming to the NW this year.

What are the flowers Grandma Dotty is standing near?