Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ohio... Got to love it!

I love Ohio in the springtime. I'm sitting at Rudder's, the "local gathering place" where they have free wireless internet. I'm enjoying watching the locals coming in and getting lunch and chit chatting. Local music being played and smelling the homemade soups and other dishes they prepare for this community.
Northerners have had a tough winter this year so the signs of spring are welcomed "in" with such enthusiasm and everyone is busy fixing up their yards and gardens. It almost makes the cold winter days worth it when you see the new growth, flowers blooming and birds singing. You see lots of activity going on outside since people have been home bound, pretty much, most this year. 

One day I took the golf cart out and with my camera in hand, I captured some of the new buds making a day bu of their new beginning to life.
 Pictures above and below are in my dad's front yard. The tree in picture below is what we see when we open the front door. It's a daily reminder of spring.
 The next few pictures are what I took on my journey in the golf cart.

 Tulips in all colors and sizes.

 This is a neat picture because you see mostly spring but one lone tree waiting to wake up.

 This is Saturday morning and I'm on my Dad's back deck watching people getting their boats all spruced up and ready for a summer of sun, water skiing, fishing, and sailing. First they have to be placed into the water after being winterized and nestled in their winter boat storage's. So they too will be waking up and doing their job.
 Ahhh the birds. The birds are everywhere. This is a bird lovers paradise  out here. If only I knew their names. They come flying by my dads window to their summer home after being south for the winter. REALLY I have seen so many beautiful birds pass by. I think this is the highway to the north for these delicate species that God created.    
Here is my dad reading his paper and magazines.
My dad has always said it's God's country up here. In the spring we see God at work here with there being such a difference in the seasons.

Momma bird protecting her eggs in her homemade nest. Birds can always find something to gather together to make their safety net for their young. Ummm God does always "give us this day". The birds never think twice about it in the springtime. They know God will provide for them. And He does.

2 comments:

boo and stacy said...

Such a great post mom!! You are a great writer! Love all the pretty flowers there! Glad you headed north in the springtime over they're tough winter! I bet its so peaceful and quiet there. Send our love and hello to grandpa!

Tootle Family said...

I can smell Ohio!!! Mom, when rid and I went to Arizona the company that got us there I cincinnati insurance. I kept saying how much I love the smell.