Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Today I'm grateful for my three daughters

I am grateful for the opportunity to go to this cozy, peaceful, holiday decorated, coffee house, in Spring Branch, with the most precious girl running it. My daughter, Jenny Rudd.
I am grateful for this day of quiet time, organizing time, and visiting time, catching up time and drinking  my "small soy, no water added, chai tea". 
This is the corner chair with perfect lighting and a fire place next to me. (Next time I'm there it will be colder and the fire will be going)
I stayed from 9:00am to 1:00. I had a short visit with Jenny and we talked over some gift ideas. I enjoyed my quiet time and watching Jenny at work inter acting with the guests. 
I now understand the commercials where the parent is talking to the child behind the wheel of a car. The parent only sees her little girl but in reality she's all grown up and in my case, running a coffee house, putting out fires, serving people, helping me, listening from the heart to people that are pouring their hearts out to her. Then I wake up when I hear her  grown up voice and my heart beams with joy at the love she is spreading daily. 
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around the Loft. Take a break and have a cup of coffee or two and some breakfast or lunch. 
I talked or texted each of the girls today and so my day was complete. Thank you God! You have blessed me with three beautiful girls. 

3 comments:

Tootle Family said...

I'd be sitting right there with ya if i didn't have the ole' J-O-B.

Anonymous said...

Oh mom! I am teary-eyed! I felt terrible I was running around most the time "putting out fires." I'm glad to read you still enjoyed your time there. It is always so fun to have you come out. I love you and I'm so thankfu for you too!

boo and stacy said...

SO sweet mom!!! I loved chatting with you that morning:) Glad you were able to enjoy some quiet moments and peace in your soul. I love you so much and and so grateful for you mom!!!!