Sunday, August 1, 2010

Trains, trains, and more trains.

The Live Oak Civic Center had a model train show this weekend. So with a 3 year old grandson that loves trains we had to go. He was spell bound when we first walked in.. He then looked up at us and said I want a train!
They had little carpet pads for the kids to sit on and watch the trains go by.

Lego Village was a big hit with the young and old. Click on the picture to see more details.


Even Woody and Jessica found their way to the train show. (Yes Susan I did take your picture. sorry. You can put me in blog jail, it's ok, I didn't get the cute pictures you did. well I guess I did. hee hee)

Here is a serious model train scene. You could look at the train scenes for a long time and still not see every detail. It is just amazing the amount of work that went into making these.
.

Poppy had to hold Ryan up for some of the scenes.
Then there was the little boy train table where all the little boys gathered and of course there were booths set up all around the little table selling Thomas the Train trains for a lot more then Target. So we went to Target and Ryan picked out Flora and Toby to be pulled by his engines.


Our Train show made for three hungry people so we stopped at EZ's for lunch. While waiting for our lunch, Ryan and I made some tracks for his new cars. They are nothing like the tracks Mimi made. Impressed Mimi. You should have come with us. There is another show in Nov. In the picture I'd like to introduce Flora on the left and Toby on the right.

And there always is the iPhone with games to make the wait at the restaurant seem like fun.


1 comment:

Susan Gee said...

Adorable!! And you can steal photos from me anytime, because I'll do the same! :-)
Thanks for telling us about the show. It was a great memory!