Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Surprises and Memories

Another day with going through boxes with my mom. More stories and experiences that kept me listening to every word. We opened these boxes and what a fun surprise when we saw all these goodies from Israel. My mom took a trip with a friend many years ago to Israel for one and other countries in the Holy Lands. She kept all her goodies and notes and pictures and itineraries from the trip. I'm so glad she did because not only did she get to relive her trip I got to hear more of her life history.






Dorothy Pierce bears the title of ~JERUSALEM PILGRIM.

Above you will see cards and letters. Some from me, some to me, some to other family members etc. What a laugh and ahhhs and memories of friends that wrote a note of fondness of one of my parents. Or of a memory they enjoyed with them. We looked at them and read them and then sent them on their way. But how fun to reminisce.
Wonder what's in the last few boxes that are left??? I'm so blessed to have these special times with my mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How special and what a fun way to spend the summer. I love that you seem to be savoring each box. To an outsider, it's like you just wait every few weeks to dig back in and see what surprises await (in reality, you're probably just that busy that you don't have time to go through them all at once :)

Susan Gee said...

Oh, I love that stuff from her trip! How neat that she kept it all in that box. Need to remember that! What fun you are having with your mom.