Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Traveling Grannies

Had to skip the ride up the Arch, "Gateway to the West". So we drove by and I quickly took a picture of it with my mom looking on.
Famous Court House in St. Louis
(I may come back and add some history to these pictures.) Just to tired and heading to bed for a good night sleep.
I have no idea what happened to this picture but this is a friend of my moms that drove a long way to have lunch with us just outside of St. Louis. Thanks Judy. What a wonderful place to eat and so good to visit with you and hoping we see you in SA.
I wish you all could see how truly happy my mom's look is in this picture. We are having a good time AND this is also "move in day" back in SA so our worker bees have been so wonderful unpacking my moms stuff to make her apartment look as much at home and cozy as the one she left. What a relief to her knowing the living room, bedroom, and dining room are all put together.AND IT ALL FIT, Barry.  She is overwhelmed with such kindness and I also thank everyone that has helped with this move and helped make my mom feel so welcome to her new home. We are both so excited for Thursday when we get home.
We will leave Japlin MO hopfully earlier then we left St.Louis which was 2:50pm. We have a long drive but it's all new to me so I'm looking forward to the drive. Hoping to stop at some interesting places. Or one at least. Have to say this trip has turned out to be mostly a people trip and not a tour trip. Which is just fine with us as that has turned out to be a much rewarding time seeing old friends and family. A trip we'll  never forget so far.

2 comments:

boo and stacy said...

Such fun Pam! So glad you and your mom and getting travel time together. You should bring her out with you in May!

stacy arnold said...

Way to have a good spirit in all this Nama .T!!!! What a neat trip ladies:)

Almost done, last leg to go!!