Sunday, March 14, 2010

And we are off...

Last picture as we were getting ready to leave. Thanks for Jeanie stopping by we got a family  picture in the old homestead. As I was growing up we used to have our Christmas card pictures taken right here in this same spot. How fun that we got to have this taken without even realizing it at the time. No side by side shots as we were much younger and holding our ski's. But just might be a fun blog post. :)
Left home at 6:30pm and drove in misty rain 4 hours to...
We are feeling like queens after the tons of boxes and broken down (to wrap and pack) furniture and the lamps all packed except for one in each room for two days.
Mom looked up at me and said, I'm a woman without a home with a smile on her face.
OK so my mom got a hold of the camera. What can I say I love my computer, FB, and notice the iPhone which now has the 3G on it aand hot chocolate. This is a great start to our journey.
PS posting this in morning after above pictures. It's going to be a wonderful day today.... O just looked out the window and it's raining. But we need rain for our beautiful spring flowers right? Think about spring and what it represents..
Get ready TX we are headed your way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So neat that you got the family picture on the porch. Almost my whole life I remember stories of Grandma .T's house in Ohio, it's so special.

Have a safe and very fun trip!

Martha said...

Come home safe. We miss you! Welcome to San Antonio, Grandma Dottie!!!

Tootle Family said...

cannot wait for y'all to get here!

stacy arnold said...

The picture of the 3 of you is really so cute! Great big smiles:)) Way to go Nama .T with the good attitude! Enjoy this time together! So special:) Can't wait to see pics of your time with the Benders!

Rain Rain go away!!

Safe travels:) I'm going to call y'all the 'traveling grannies'!

Pam said...

Yes that is what we are , how funny.

millietootle@gmail.com said...

Good attitude for both of you.....hate that change has to come, but I guess it's part of living. Your family will be able to spend so much more time with your mom and that will be extra special.