Wednesday, July 22, 2009

California Girls

12:00 Noon. On the way home from airport. We put mom on a blanket and we played in the park. Girls needed some time outside before heading home.
Oops! What is wrong with this picture???
Happiness is sliding down a slide with granddaughters.

and Malyn's head resting on my lap with a Pom Blueberry Latte Tea in hand.
Malyn rolling down the hill.....
Mattie Sue rolling down the hill. Nope, no Nama rolling down the hill.
While Stacy was resting on the sofa we got a knock on the door and WHAT a Ray of Sunshine was on the other side of it. This brought huge smiles to our faces. Girls were napping and this came at the exact perfect time. Thank you Cindy, you always know exactly what will do the trick!
Someone woke up and was so surprised and had such fun eating her snack a different way. On a stick. What fun!
My job today was taking Sue to her swimming lessons. She is standing to the left posing for Nama.
Sue was pretty excited for me to be there for her lesson. Or was Nama pretty excited to be there for Sue's lesson???
Kicking..
Mattie Sue was trying to explain to the teacher that she was a little frustrated (her word)with two different teachers and also she was allergic (her word) to the water in her eyes and wouldn't be able to put her head under. Just in case this new teacher didn't know.

We were playing music boxes. It's a game and the best gift by the way if anyone needs a good gift. One music box is an old one from when I was little and it doesn't have anything in it except the workings of the sound and when Malyn opened it she said, " Where is the somebody?" meaning the dancing girl.
After the play time and dinner and swim lessons, we had baths snacks, story time and then bed. Well, bed time here takes about three hours so I can still here little pitter patter going on upstairs. I think they are excited for Nama to be here. I'll start the day with cinnamon rolls in the morning and making mommy stay in bed. Hopefully more fun with Nama tomorrow.
PS: Dad (Boo) made homemade ch. chip cookies for Stacy tonight. Yummy.

9 comments:

Tootle Family said...

What fun!!! Okay, I have so many thoughts on this post:
1. Stacy sitting on the blanket at the park makes me laugh.
2. When I saw the pic of the slide, my first thought was "oh, be careful, it's really hot." but, not there.
3. "where's the somebody" sooooo sweet. love her.
4. Love you girls all together.
5. wish I could be snuggling with stacy.
6. Mom, you look like you're in heaven with your blueberry pom tea drink...and the fact you're with your grandbabies and sweet Stacy...who again, i want to snuggle wiht her and watch a movie. Troop Beverly Hills, Stace???

Tootle Family said...

My other thought....if sticks get the kids to eat fruit....I'll go buy some sticks!

Tootle Family said...

Also, I love the pic of sue on teh side of the pool.

Susan Gee said...

I love so many things about that blog, I'm like Jessica. It was good to see Stacy smiling eating the fruit. (sweet Cindy!) You are just where you are supposed to be. I hope Stacy feels better soon. Praying for that.

Martha said...

What a fun post, Pam. I can't get over how fast Sue and Malyn are growing! I also couldn't get over how green it is there. Will our grass ever be green again? Give Stacy a big hug from us!

Susie said...

What fun you are having!

My 6-year-old really wants one of those edible arrangements, I"m so going to surprise her- do they really taste as good as they look??

Pam said...

Yes they are wonderful and we ate it all in two days. Very fresh and fun to eat for anyone at any age. I highly recommend it.

Jen Taylor said...

Jessica took the words out of my mouth. However, I was wondering what in the world a bath snack was. Thinking that would get pretty messy, must be a CA thing. Then realized probably a bath, snack. But was too funny in my own head not to comment on. And how is Stacy resting? It's always GO time when my mom comes into town. Can you give my mom lessons? :)

Jen Taylor said...

oh, and the 3 hour bedtime!!! WOW! I can remember my boys that every night...and for Jes & Stacy, that does go away. But NEVER on the first night when Nama is in town.