Friday, June 19, 2009

Not a good summer for Veggies at the Mays

The peppers made it, they are to "hot" for anyone to bother them.
O so sad. Looks like the end of the growing season but this is what we have this year. So Chesley goes to his brothers to get fresh homegrown tomatoes. I'm to scared to eat the ones we do manage to get.

Yes, this is the sad cage this year. I think CE is going to chop down the peach trees. He thinks they are doing something to his tomatoes and besides the wild life in our yard eat the peaches before we can get to them.
Then we also have brown patch. So we put corn meal on it. So now we'll have a 100 birds landing in our yard to eat the corn meal, which will make the dogs bark.....

And if that isn't enough, our wild animals living on our property are digging up our gardens and yard. I guess they are after the roots. ??? Whatever, there are other yards in SA.
More evidence of the late night snack going on while we are sleeping.
One has to look up to see any beauty in the Mays yard.

9 comments:

boo and stacy said...

That was like reading the book, 'If You Give a Mouse a Cookie!'

Guess that's what you get when you buy a house backing up to a greenbelt.

What about the Tomato Topsy Turvey? Have you seen those commercials? They hang down.

The yard still looks so nice!!!

Tootle Family said...

Oh man. no good. but, still love that grass, ryan will look at the brown spot and say, "what's that?"

Jen Taylor said...

Pam! That's just like my garden!! I totally feel your pain! My stinks!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Pam! You should save the peppers for me! I'll eat them for sure :) I'm curious if the peaches could be messing with your tomatoes - my neighbor has a cherry tree (that is 1/2 on our property) that has BEAUTIFUL fruit. And it all gets eaten before it has a chance to ripen. So annoying!

We have some raccoons and cats that love to dig up our plants. I'm not sure what they are doing, because the roots are totally intact, just dug up. So annoying. And a cat has taken up bed in my big pot of black pansies...I'm sure they are close to dead now.

We could use some pointers on the grass, your lawn is beautiful - ours is full of dandelions that won't budge.

Also - what is that tree? The one in the shot with the lawn?

Pam said...

I think it's a blue ice ?? I'll look it up. We used to decorate it with Christmas lights at Christmas time but now it's to tall and the branches are not strong enough. I call it my Northern Tree.

Susan Gee said...

The raccoons have attacked our hummingbird feeder, to the point of crushing the huge coleus plant that we had the large hanger with the feeder on. I give up. Let's move to the west coast.

Nicole Svendsen said...

what a pretty backyard..maybe one day we'll get to visit you there:)

Daddyoleo said...

We are having all of the same problems, except we don't have a veggie garden.

I am thinking about ordering a huge truck load of crushed granite...

Then we will send our Grand Kids over to Tootle house for green grass.

The Garrison's said...

Oh so sorry about your veggies...and The Dodging Duck is 2 minutes from my house ! We LOVE that place! Yummy food! Fun that you got a tour! I lie your new header! Thanks for being at Anna Faith's dedication and holding her and just being sweet you! :)