Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day/ Birthday

I put all my dad's letters that he sent to my grandparents while he was going through training for becoming a P-47 Thunderbolt Fighter Pilot into a book for him to read for Father's Day.
The letters were put into acid free sheets then put in order and labeled at the beginning of each air field he went too.
Turned out the book was almost 7" thick. Full of my parents life for one year of their life when they were 20 & 23 years old. What a gift it turned out to be for me.


I actually celebrated my birthday Wednesday afternoon, Friday night, Sat. night and again on the actual day, Father's Day, Sunday.


One of the three celebration's. I'm so spoiled.
Thanks Jana for the yummy cupcakes.

This is Ryan leaving our house on Sunday with his Handy Manny Tool Box. He never leaves home without it.
Father's Day/Birthday. Jessica made special french toast, fruit salad, scrambled eggs, and bought HEB cinnamon rolls. Jenny brought the whipping cream and made the bacon. Rod, Chesley and I watched and ate the wonderful meal. Stacy, Boo, Mattie Sue and Malyn too, you all were missed.
Jenny and I began our wonderful three days downtown at the Renovare, an International Conference Spiritual Renewal Sunday night. What an inspiring, eye opening memorable few days. We started off each day with me getting us each a Starbucks coffee and Jenny getting us an egg taco. We would meet at the corner of 281 & Bitters parking lot and get into my car and head for the Municipal Auditorium.

7 comments:

Tootle Family said...

You are loved!!!! Thanks for loving us so much. You deserved such a great birthday weekend. Jana's looked like fun!!!

okay, i cannot get over the enhancements that came with this pregnancy...holy ja-moly.

Sharla said...

Happy Birthday, Pam! You are a fabuolous Mom, daughter, wife and friend to all. We are all blessed to have you in our lives.

The Garrison's said...

Pam!! Oh my! I saw you and talked to you on your birthday and I didn't even know it! I'm sorry and I wish I wouldve known because you are just one of those people who I'd love love to celebrate !so, Happy Happy Birthday to one of the neatest, sweetest, most loving women I know!

Anonymous said...

Happiest Belated Birthday Pam! I think your birthday on the solstice is the best - it means everyone wants to celebrate your life just that much longer!

I love the book you pulled together of your father's letters, that is really special. It will be enjoyed by you, your girls, and all the grandkids to come...

The Grays said...

the book is an awesome gift for your entire family - so special!

Glad you had a fantastic bday weekend!!

boo and stacy said...

Where can I get me some of those cupcakes?

Looks like lots of fun celebrating!!

Pam said...

I'll see that you get some when you come into town. They are so good.