Sunday, May 3, 2009

OHIO

Tradition: When we have time we always like to stop at the 100th Bomb Group Restaurant from the airport. Done-Sat upon my arrival.
The planes out front of the restaurant.
Mom in the Jeep. Notice the name "Chaplain" on the air force Jeep.
This so sort of sad picture.... but it's time and we want my mom to move to Texas. Girls I know this is a tough one you to see.
Eggs Benedict, home made with hollandaise sauce. This was the breakfast for our beginning of a very busy day.
COLD CASE: This is one of the many projects we started to tackle today. Each box is filled with old financial records dating back to 1982. I felt like I was in the TV show each time I went downinto the basement to get another box to go through. The top three on the left are now empty :) Working on the 2nd row 1st box on left. :)
This is the other job we worked on today. Big dent taken out to garage. This is what is left. The back of the picture is my uncle stuff. Come on Uncle Frank, it's all here waiting for you.
This is what I went through and boxed up and took to the garage to distribute to family, goodwill, trash.
This is my mom's new car..... No, this is my mom's boy friends car..... No this really is the car that my mom's neighbor puts in this space that he rents.

5 comments:

Tootle Family said...

I can smell each room of that house. yes,the sign is sad....but, loving the idea of grandma being here!!

Susan Gee said...

Pam, I love the fact that you all took time to have eggs benedict on a day of very busy activities. Put everything in perscpective. Make a memory, whenever you can! (My favorite food!) Good luck with this very difficult task. BTW, I've heard some cities have shredding companies that come to your house and bring a truck to shred boxes of stuff right there...

Tootle Family said...

I forgot to tell you that I LOVE the picture of grandma in the jeep and want a hard copy of it to put in my house! will you email it to me?

Anonymous said...

You're right. That picture was very hard to see. Maybe, bittersweet is a better term. I too am very happy grandma is coming to texas!

Anonymous said...

I'm pumped for eggs benedict in texas!