Monday, May 11, 2009

GEOCACHING

This is how one starts.... Off the Internet... If you want to know more, go to the website to find out. I think I've become a member "want a be" of the secret society.
Don and I in the car following the "decoder" to the Geo-cache on our way back to my moms from my dad's.
Rick, Bear, Silly Sally, and Don. We all went Geo-caching somewhere in my hometown.
Don teaching me the In's and outs of Geo-caching.

Don on his secret decoder, helping me find the cache. Mom and Bev sitting on the bench enjoying the sun that Ohio forgot about. Bev is actually a member and does the hunt pretty well. We even got my mom in on the action.
Kim, this is my first one!!! But I'm not a member yet. I'm only in training.
This is a secret, so don't tell anyone. But you can tell me if you are one!! :) This might be Chesley and my new project to do on our off days or our travel days.

7 comments:

Tootle Family said...

Mom, you've got to talk to Kim and Scott! Scott mainly. they're big time geocachers.

Anonymous said...

That was lots of fun. Maybe I will learn to do it too.
Mom

Martha said...

You ought to hear all the places that Scott has geocached. There's even one in the DeZavala HEB parking lot--not that that's exciting!

PacNWTxn said...

These things are EVERYWHERE! It's really pretty amazing (and creepy) when you realize that every major spot on Earth has a hidden geocache. Kim and I have found them at the Coliseum in Rome, 15 in Central Park, mountain tops, under water, etc.

When you get back up to Seattle, we'll take you to my first cache:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7abb7536-8523-4d8b-a3bc-59b7ae2c48c8

I hid this cache container 4 years ago, and 843 people have visited it so far. Take a look at the pictures that people have posted of the fountain and the Space Needle...

boo and stacy said...

WOW this is so fun!! Can't wait to hear all about neat places you go!!!

Susan Gee said...

This looks like fun! I've heard a little about it, but can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

So fun Pam! I'm cracking up at calling the GPS the decoder, you are so clever. :)