Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chesley had a visitor while I was gone!

Coral Poisonous Snake.
Red and Yellow kill a fellow; Red and Black, friendly Jack.
May household, we have a problem! This addition to our wild life zoo around here is the next creature to surface on our property. He or she was in the bushes nest to the front door. Aren't we the lucky ones???
Along with our neighbors, one who cut off the snakes head with long bush cutters, another with a shovel and other onlookers Chesley was able to capture a picture of it. This lovely snake appeared on Mother's Day. Glad I wasn't here!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

boo and stacy said...

That is one spooooky looking snake!!! I have the heebee jeebee's!!! EEEKKK!!! I have been waiting for this pic to be posted....I had no idea it was so scary looking.

Way to go Ranger!!

The Blevins' said...

Scary!! so glad you weren't there to experience this!! Maybe that was the momma snake and now there won't be any babies.

Tootle Family said...

My director at work just said that they lay nest with LOTS AND LOTS of snakes at one time. so, he said to really look around b/c there may be more.

Pam said...

O NO! I'm moving! Ekkkks.

The Grays said...

oh no! definitely move!

Susan Gee said...

OMG!! I'm moving too!

Martha said...

It's o.k. Pam. Your ring-tailed cats will get them!!

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWW!

So scary. I didn't even know there were Corals in SA! Yuck, yuck, yuck. Cockroaches & snakes. Two reasons to never move back to Texas (shhhh, don't mention the 14,233,293 reasons to come back).