Friday, March 21, 2008

Passover Seder

The Passover meal is known as the Seder, which means "order," because the meal and service are done in a prescribed sequence. This sequence is presented in the Haggadah ("telling"), which outlines the steps of the meal as well as the readings and songs for the participants.
This meal was put on by the Riverside Church. The church Jenny goes too in Spring Branch. This was our family table. The Tootles, Garrisons, Jen, and myself. We all followed the traditions of the passover for believers in Messiah, Jesus Christ. It was so interesting and informative. I enjoyed so much taking part of such a huge part of our history.


At the end the pastor lead all the children in singing and dancing and they enjoyed it all as well as the rest of us enjoyed the traditions.


They all come together at the end of the music. What a wonderful way to "teach the children". Thank you Jenny for including us in this special evening.

3 comments:

boo and stacy said...

Wow thanks for the info and darling pics:)) Glad y'all were able to go!!

stace

Anonymous said...

Now that we've done it a few times, I think it would be so much fun to do at home with all of us. Thanks for coming out and joining me. I love having you all there...even you Tootletot!

Tootle Family said...

Yes, that was a fun night!!!!! I want to read back through my booklet.