Saturday, March 1, 2008

Austin Overnight

This is how we started the trip, after arriving in Austin. Shopping. Name of store was Uncommon Objects. Nice way of saying antique store. As I walked through it I saw may things that I remembered in my younger days. Like 50 years ago! Of course the high light of the store was the game we played (Guess What the Card is Saying).
Book Club, minus one (very missed) at dinner. Now it was very good and very garlicky. There was a pizza that had a sunny side up egg on it. Along with other things. But I was told it was wonderful. Voted best of the pizza's at the table.
Only in Austin the "hey cupcake!" trailer.
The Cupcake group. Leader, front and center introduced us to this place. They actually injected the cupcake with whipped cream. Now why hasn't this been on Oprah?
We played cards until we couldn't keep our eyes open and brains working.
Our Banker. Well actually I think we had two bankers. I don't know, I never needed a banker. I never won. And I could take care of my own money because I sat on the large sofa and had plenty of room.
Our dancer of the group. She got up and danced each time she won. (We've signed her up with Dancing with the Stars).
And finally the reason for the overnight. We went to a fundraiser for Caritas in Austin. The speakers were Ron Hall and Denver Moore, the authors of our first book we read for our book club. "Same Kind of Different as Me". We loved it so much that we named our club after it, "Same Kind of Different Book Club". We realized that the authors were going to be speaking in Austin Feb. 28 so we quickly got the information (not me),other members of the club, got on the ball and arranged the wonderful fun filled shopping, dinner, overnight and got tickets for the luncheon featuring the authors of the book.

7 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

What fun!! I hope my girlfriends and I are still having that much fun down the road...looks like a neat group of women:)

Tootle Family said...

What a fun group, and what fun pictures.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm just about to join a book club, myself - I like the name of yours!

PS - what was your banker doing? My mom has an interesting side to her "internet personality."

Anonymous said...

Martha! You go girl. You never did that in dominos!

Pam said...

Poor banker didn't have any room to put her money because I was taking up the sofa.

Daddyoleo said...

I am still looking for that money... sure is fun...

Pam said...

The Krugers are cool, hands down!!!