Sunday, August 28, 2011

Last of the cool weather and great veggie and fruit stands.

Forgot this picture last post. We actually stopped by this place 5 times while in Ohio. :)
 Always pretty flowers in Ohio, no matter what time of year it is. Well, except in the dead of winter. Then it's beautiful snow covered pine trees. :)
 Found a friend. This is for you Mattie Sue, Malyn, and Ryan.
Next two pictures are for the girls... Remember this?
when you used to do this?
Lunch at the club on another beautiful Ohio day. Yes, I have a light sweater on outside on the patio. :)
Our semi yearly golf cart tour of the lake and surroundings.
 More beautiful flowers.

Work day. Cleaning out the storage. If you look closely you will see my dad sitting on the chair saying yea or nae to things. We found his old ski hat from 40 years ago so he decided to wear it.
 We were loading car up for trip to Goodwill. One trip in our car and we realized it would take 50 to get it all done so thanks to Carey he will be taking all the stuff in a truck.
The night before our hard day of work. Don and Bev came in Wed. night and back again for the weekend. We had a family dinner at the club Friday night which turned out to be such fun. Lots of laughs and chit chat.
 My dad and his chocolate sundae. He only takes one bite then passed it around expecting it to be gone by the time it makes it back to him because he's not supposed to have sweets. 
I know, but as he says, he's 91 and has lived longer then we have. :) Funny man.
I was able to visit my girl friends in Bellevue for an evening and what fun it was catching up. Pizza, drinks, great salad (thanks Patty for suggesting and arranging our get together) and great company. Sorry I didn't take pictures. We were all so happy to see each other I forgot.
I drove past our old house, little bitter sweet! Wanted to go inside and take a peek but decided not to even ask. I want to remember it as I do, filled with my parents things and all of us cooking and eating and having fun in the special country kitchen.

4 comments:

boo and stacy said...

Love grandpa's humor! Glad he still has it!! The hat is so funny and so him! Looks like y'all got a lot done with clearing out the storage unit! Glad the club dinners were so fun. And yes the pier brings back so many memories!!!

Miss you Moore Ave.

Nicole Svendsen said...

I need to visit OH one day--look so peaceful there. And love that fresh corn.

Lee Knowland said...

Pam, So glad to see both your parents are well and enjoying life!

Tootle Family said...

Oh mom! I think I would have done the same thing with grandma's house. Fun post and I bet that dinner was fun!