Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tootle Tot Fun Day Sunday

Sammy was flying high and loving the wind in his face while his Daddy was swinging him. 
Rod and Jessica got a swing set for the boys that will be hours of fun adventures for the boys in the years to come. 

 We had the whole family out there today checking out the Pirate Ship or the Castle or perhaps the cave with dangerous dragons in it or as it was today, a fun swing set. Notice Ryan behind the slide in the sand box.
 Equipped with a rope ladder for climbing. Nama Dotty has as much fun on the swings as the boys do.
 Two boys having fun with the new sand box. Rod filled it today and O what a fun addition to the already adventure structure that will take on a new level of fun for the boys.
 Sammy is very comfortable with whatever is put in front of him. Ryan on the other hand is a little cautious of the unknown little creators in the grass. I'm sure that will be over before long. Having a fun back yard is a first time for Ryan. AND they both are having a ball. Now we need to figure out how to get the mosquitoes to stay away from the boys.   
This is such a cute story: We headed out for a Sunday treat and I told Ryan I wanted a picture of him with is glasses on. I said don't take them off Ryan I want a picture and that precious little boy was trying to tell me they were falling down. "But Nama, they are falling down" Such a good boy he is!!!
So of course I'd give the child a pot of gold if he'd ask me but it was ice cream. So...
 Orange Leaf it is and what a fun time this Nama had. I know Jessica, Ryan and my mom had been there a few times but I have not and I never realized just how neat it is or really what it's all about.
 First of all you pick out your ice cream/ yogurt and serve your own. Which was fun. You can get as many as you want in the bowl.
 Jessica and Nama Dotty are working on the technique.
 Then another fun thing...picking out whatever topping you want. As many different topping as you want.
 Ryan didn't want to miss a bit of his choice. Red Velvet Cake topped with skittles and M&M's. So without a napkin, he just pulled the leg with the ice cream on and licked it off. Just like any little kid would.
 After Ryan was finished he walked over to look at the toppings and the lady come over and asked him if he wanted a little cup of something? Why of course!! His answer was "Sure"
 So his very own little cup of gummy bears which lasted less than 30 seconds.
I caught the last one just as it was gobbled up by the ice cream mustache mouth. I love you Ryan Tootle.
 One of my favorites. Mom and her little boy. He loves his mommy. You're a good mom, daughter, and granddaughter Jessica. Thanks for the treat today.
 Another favorite. Nama Dotty and Ryan having some fun.
 Ryan explaining how to put the glasses on.
 See Nama Dotty, you have to put the band on your forehead.
Here, I'll help you Nama Dotty. Such a sweet boy our Ryan. Caring, sharing, and loving everyone. :)

3 comments:

Tootle Family said...

So fun!!!! Thanks for coming over for the play date with me. That picture of me looking at ice cream makes me lookpregnant. No bueno.

boo and stacy said...

Great pictures P Arnold!!!! Love the new play structure!! Endless fun:)) And might need to pop over to the Orange spot soon! YUM!!!

Love the one of Jess and Ryan!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this post! Who is that long legged boy in the sandbox? Surely it's not Ryan?! He's gotten SO TALL!

And I can't believe that is Jessica. Jess, you look so young!

Great post!