Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday

My mom is still unpacking some of the last of her boxes from her move. They are the ones marked "last to open". They are things that she has wanted to look at and has been saving for many years. She had a good time looking over some of these things. I have always loved hearing stories from my mom from the time I was a little girl. It's been such a joy to go over and visit her when ever I or she wants too. I've heard stories and relived different experiences we have shared over the years and it's so fun. Thanks mom for moving here and being such a good sport at making the move and adjustments it takes to move from a small town of 7,000 people to the 8th largest city in the US.
So I collected some boxes from my mom's and then the Tootles for more packing at Jenny's.
Kitchen, laundry room, craft room, bathroom, hall closet were all cleaned out and packed.
while sweet Lola slept :)...

and Jenny ate. Haha no just kidding. She did most of the packing and cleaning out. I played Words for Friends, talked on the phone with her sisters, vacuumed,  and set up the little store for her friends to come and take what they want.  I did pack about four boxes.
Some of the funny things I heard her say from the other room: "O there you are drill battery", O my gosh here is my black  purse. It's been missing almost right after I got it", Mom, I'd look like a hoarder if I lived here any longer"., Well not any more. There are almost as many trash bags and give away bags as there are boxes that are packed. Good job Jenny. Simplify!

No comments: