Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring brings new life and new blooms.

My mom was waiting for the oak pollen to finish falling so her porch was still wrapped up and waiting for the day we attached the porch.
When she went out the day before to start moving things around, a cat jumped out from behind a chair. Then she heard little soft mews. And the plastic cover over the chair began to move. Chesley to the rescue. He went over and fixed up a safe place for the kittens for the night. until we could get the apartment to figure out something. After all no pet deposit no pets. :)
Spring has sprung and babies were born. Six of them!!!!! On her porch.
Apartments way of  trapping the mom with the kittens but the kittens were too big and could get out of the safe trap ? so they turned it on it's side but...  
I couldn't take it!!!!! Just all small and I couldn't stop looking over the wall and see them and hear them crying and the sun was shinning on them. O it was one of the worst mornings of my life. 
Not wanting 6 kittens I did the next best thing. I put them in a box next to the cage. ??? Much better. I was then off to get some cream or milk. O gosh the attachment was getting stronger.Then I went back to see them after we went to the store and three kittens were missing. Hopefully the momma cat come to collect her kittens. I'll let you know next blog.
With Spring come what we call spring cleaning. So all the dust, pollen and dirt were hosed off
and put back in place.

Meanwhile the tomatoes are growning ..

                                and the flowers. Spring = babies,  Gods garden and spring  cleaning..

2 comments:

Susan Gee said...

Oh, no, what has happened to the other kittens? Did you find them?
More blogging, please!

Unknown said...

You're killing me with your kitten stories.

The screened in patio area looks soooo pretty and bright!!! I love the lamp! -jessica