Thursday, April 15, 2010

More of Mom's Happy Birthday and our 3rd Annual Fiesta Family Dinner

April 15. Happy acutal birthday Mom. We started off with getting nails done then a little shopping (food) then what else...lunch at Taipei. Yummy Lemon Chicken lunch (split).
Beautiful nails mom and tea to warm you up in the hot south on this rainy birth/tax day.
OK mom home resting and Chesley and I getting ready for the 3rd annual Fiesta Dinner combined with my mom's birthday. (Mom's least favorite food so we'll go to Outback to celebrate another day).

JENNY THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO WELCOME GRANDMA DOTTY. GREAT CARD...
to the newTexan. Welcome!
Ryan came right in and saw the dining room all decoraated and he went to a chair and just sat there staring at all the colors. He said, I like it and he was hungry. OK then bring out the food nama.
Finally I passed the camera on and got a photo of sweet Sammy and me.
Of course Sammy was passed around and loved sitting on grandma dotty's lap.
We have added a new member of the family to our 3rd annual Fiesta and now Birthday Dinner.
Happy birthday to you.... The little plate was going around and around playing Happy birthday. Notice Ryan was mesmerized.
Both grandma and Ryan loved the singing cupcake.They are waiting for the song to stop. :)
So we gave Ryan one and lite a candle and let him watch the cupcake go round and round. It was eye level so why not just open mouth and take a bit.
People!!! Grandma is opening her gifts. Thanks Rod and Ryan you were watching..
then the rains came again tonight. It was raining very hard and we all went outside to watch it except Grandma. She doesn't understand what a big event it is to see rain in SA. She'll find out and when she does, I'll show her this picture. :).
Here you will see Jessica telling Jenny and story and Chesley telling Rod a story and notice Ryan bent down looking at a snail I just stepped on. ekky.Little boys love that kind of stuff.
ooops we left Samuel inside and he fell asleep. Someday Sammy you'll be out there with us.

Mommy and her boys. Sweet moment with sleepy boys.
Ryan caring his bag of Cars, Woody, Buzz, Thomas the train.
As I walked back in I stopped to take a picture of the wreath and by the time I got inside a picture of my picture flashed in my mind and I saw something pink in the left hand corner of the door so I went outside and saw this...
Thanks Martha, I'll take these pretty tulips to my mom tomorrow. You sneaky sneakerton.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a huge day! I love it. I'm always envious of your annual fiesta dinner. We should have an extended version up north.

The first picture of Grandma Dotty with her cupcake is a classic. She looks so beautiful!

Tootle Family said...

MARTHA!!!!!! You are too fun!

Mom, thank you for these fun memories you continue to create for us!

boo and stacy said...

What a GREAT night! I miss Mexican Food. (sigh).....

Love the pic of all the muchachas! Everyone look so pretty and festive! The house looks so fun and Gma .T had a great introduction to Fiesta!!!

boo and stacy said...

Happy birthday Dorothy! Wish we could have been there. We will eat some sugar here in celebration of another great year for you. So glad you're in Texas. Looks as if you're enjoying yourself.