Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Last of the FL pictures...

I think this group friends are Sand Pipers. They never moved nor did anyone scare them away. They just stood there chit chatting to each other. I tried to get into the conversation but they weren't very happy with whatever I was saying. One turned towards me and let out a very loud squall. I snapped a picture and left.
Notice the beautiful colors of the water. This is Chesley doing his daily walk. He walked, I think about 5 miles. One can get lost in the beauty of the water. This picture really didn't capture all the colors in the gulf. At one point I counted 5 different colors. Beautiful.

This is a 26-foot-tall statue. It is the“Unconditional Surrender,” an over-sized depiction of a sailor embracing a nurse at the end of World War II. This statue is in Sarasota in a park.

2 comments:

Tootle Family said...

I'm dying laughing b/c the pic of all the birds makes me think of you and all your friends on the beach, gathered around, not moving.

Pam said...

haha yes I should post them together.