Friday, May 16, 2008

Home away from home!!

Memories for my children!
Lots of stories of our families that happened in this back yard. Games, riding lawn mower, tumbling, golf, reunions, tents, etc. Planning a reunion next year so get ready fam!

View that my mom doesn't particularly like but I love it.
"Forget Me Nots"
Ahhh just imagine what this will look like when they all bloom. This is under the side kitchen window. I look everyday to see if I'm going to be here when they all bloom.
One is getting ready, maybe I'll make it after all.

Come on little guy, peek your beautiful little self out before I have to leave.
Rhododendron's. The grew wild in the PA mountains where my mom used to live or visit when she was younger. I'm hoping that they will also be in full bloom while I'm here.

7 comments:

boo and stacy said...

Thanks mom! Looks beautiful and perfectly mowed and landscaped as always! what fun.....a family reunion? i cant wait:)) i like the old shed too!

gorgeous 'forget me nots'!

love y'all!! glad y'all had this time together:)

stace

Tootle Family said...

ahhhhhh! Mom, that was so fun to look at. Thanks for thinking of us. Can't wait to get up there this summer!!!

Anonymous said...

jess and stace, can't you just smell grandma's house?!!! Those pictures make me miss it tons...the narrow stairs, the basement and the scary hole, the screened in porch, the big "playhouse tree" out front, the kitchen carpet, the grandkids measuring chart on the kitchen wall, bon bons, the kitchen tv remote control, the cracked sidewalks, moore ave, the sound of the screen porch door shuting, the little window, the vaccum sucker thingy, the strawberry cups and wooden acorn plates, the world maps, the "step", the backyard grass, grandmas closets...both of them, the pull up bar, the deck on top of the house, the good smell in the garage, the cousins old house. Oh my. I need to book a flight!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, you covered it all. So glad you remembered those things.
It's worth keeping the house knowing you like it so much.
grandma .T

Martha said...

Tell me again why we all live in south Texas?

Anonymous said...

Wow, how beautiful! I love the peony bushes. I forgot to plant mine last fall...maybe this year, I hope to have full bushes like that one day.

Thanks for sharing these, Pam! Jenny your reverie made me want to book a flight too.

PacNWTxn said...

Wow, that is an amazing house and great closeups of the flowers! The view to the shed shows that our memories don't revolve around the condition that something is in, but rather the quality of the people and activities surrounding it... I have a similar memory of a shed at my grandmother's house. She never liked it, but that's where we played hide and seek and so on.

Ohio and Washington definitely have some things in common. We have a lilac tree in our back yard, but I didn't know that's what it was until I saw your picture. Great details on your blog. It's one of my regulars now!
Scott